- Don't blindly order from Amazon
- We buy a lot from Amazon. Like 2-300 orders per year. Mainly because Amazon tends to be the least expensive.
But not always ...
As part of the shop ...
- HUGE news
- The Big Johnson is back! Well, not the Big Johnson itself, but it's the exact same product under a different name. Actually, I think, the original ...
- Another Grizzly Failure
- As I've noted before, I've added Grizzly to my world-famous Never, Ever Buy Anything From These Companies Again list. This time, it's the mini pallet ...
- Dust collector wiring
- Douglas writes ... I am in the market for the G0441. The issue I am having is the new Grizzly documentation says the following
- Carvex is on the way
- Well, after over two years of delay, the new Festool Carvex jigsaw is about to be released. I'm really excited about this, since the PSB 300 (or was ...
- Festool as a general dust collector?
- David writes:
I am trying to decide how to proceed with dust collection/extraction in my shop. I am principally a wood turner. I have a Robust ...
- Now Grizzly's getting weird
- I know Grizzly sells things other than tools, but at least they're usually somewhat related to home maintenance, commercial items, etc. But this?
- A question on piping
- Patrick wites:
On the SDR35 pipe you used, I was not clear if you used the solvent weld fittings or the ones with gaskets. It looks like you used ...
- Ultimate precision drill press
- I needed to make some very precisely placed holes in some existing furniture parts. After puzzling over how to make a jig on the drill press, it hit ...
- Where's my cut?
- David writes:
I've spent about a week browsing the internet for an article that doesn't spend all it's time saying "if you don't ...
- Save on Makita & Bosch!
- Amazon is offering a $25 gift certificate with Makita purchases over $100 and $25 off all Bosch purchases over $100. ...
- Update to the drill review
- One of the very most popular pages on TheWoodNerd is the Lithium Ion Drills review. While updating the pricing, I found that the Makita drill had ...
- Ignorant advice
- Two different people have sent me emails in the last few days, saying I should do a particular thing to improve the site's traffic. Complaining ...
- Up another 10%
- September was the busiest month ever here at TheWoodNerd. And then came October. Visitors to the site increased another 10% to well over 11,500.
- The records continue to fall
- Wow, we continue to get record numbers of visitors. Just last year, 6000 visitors in a month was a real shocker. But in the last few months, 8-9000 ...
- Whole 'lotta traffic goin' on
- Wow, traffic to the site has really been heavy the last couple weeks. For the longest time, we had a steady average of around 275 visitors per day. ...
- A question on Festool sanders
- Erik writes:
I'm new to woodworking and I'm trying to make things happen in a multi unit apartment with a small attached garage…so I'm trying to ...
- Cosmoline on guns
- Ray writes ...
Will WD40 strip Cosmoline from a firearm?
I can't say for sure if the protective coating on a firearm is the same as what's used ...
- A Big Johnson by another name ...
- Chad writes:
I currently have two big johnson tape measures and have been looking frantically for more. I read your article and agree with you ...
- 150hp lathe
- This is hysterical, I love the guy's commentary. The money quote: "You may not want your wife to be at home when you're doing this"
Hock O-1 Blades and Chipbreakers
A great improvement over the stock parts
Dollar Shave Club
These blades are f***ing terrible!
Milwaukee Diamond Sawzall Blade
World's worst blade?
Torin Vehicle Lift Manual
Seriously, is this the best you can do?
Northern Tools ¾HP 8" Bench Grinder
Is this some kind of joke?
Tips & Tricks
Update on the removal of the Triton router "safety" cover
After two years, a problem surfaced ...
36mm › 27mm adapter for Festool hoses
The adapter Festool just doesn't make
An easy way to set your jointer fence to square
A welding tool comes to the rescue
An easy way to cut really large wires
Not a wire cutter, but it works like a charm
Use a tap & die set as thread cleaners
An inexpensive set can be a life-saver
Boom goes the dust collector
On PVC, static electricity, and the myth of home shop dust explosions
Helical vs blades
Can you actually save money by spending money, all while getting a better tool?
Change from 120 to 240?
Is there really any benefit? For the most part, the answer is no.
Shop-built Y fitting
Nobody sells these, so I made my own.
Killer shop vacuums
How can a $150 vacuum have a 6.5 horsepower motor?