- Dust collector wiring
- Douglas writes ... I am in the market for the G0441. The issue I am having is the new Grizzly documentation says the following
- Carvex is on the way
- Well, after over two years of delay, the new Festool Carvex jigsaw is about to be released. I'm really excited about this, since the PSB 300 (or was ...
- Festool as a general dust collector?
- David writes:
I am trying to decide how to proceed with dust collection/extraction in my shop. I am principally a wood turner. I have a Robust ...
- Now Grizzly's getting weird
- I know Grizzly sells things other than tools, but at least they're usually somewhat related to home maintenance, commercial items, etc. But this?
- A question on piping
- Patrick wites:
On the SDR35 pipe you used, I was not clear if you used the solvent weld fittings or the ones with gaskets. It looks like you used ...
- Ultimate precision drill press
- I needed to make some very precisely placed holes in some existing furniture parts. After puzzling over how to make a jig on the drill press, it hit ...
- Where's my cut?
- David writes:
I've spent about a week browsing the internet for an article that doesn't spend all it's time saying "if you don't ...
- Save on Makita & Bosch!
- Amazon is offering a $25 gift certificate with Makita purchases over $100 and $25 off all Bosch purchases over $100. ...
- Update to the drill review
- One of the very most popular pages on TheWoodNerd is the Lithium Ion Drills review. While updating the pricing, I found that the Makita drill had ...
- Ignorant advice
- Two different people have sent me emails in the last few days, saying I should do a particular thing to improve the site's traffic. Complaining ...
- Up another 10%
- September was the busiest month ever here at TheWoodNerd. And then came October. Visitors to the site increased another 10% to well over 11,500.
- The records continue to fall
- Wow, we continue to get record numbers of visitors. Just last year, 6000 visitors in a month was a real shocker. But in the last few months, 8-9000 ...
- Whole 'lotta traffic goin' on
- Wow, traffic to the site has really been heavy the last couple weeks. For the longest time, we had a steady average of around 275 visitors per day. ...
- A question on Festool sanders
- Erik writes:
I'm new to woodworking and I'm trying to make things happen in a multi unit apartment with a small attached garage…so I'm trying to ...
- Cosmoline on guns
- Ray writes ...
Will WD40 strip Cosmoline from a firearm?
I can't say for sure if the protective coating on a firearm is the same as what's used ...
- A Big Johnson by another name ...
- Chad writes:
I currently have two big johnson tape measures and have been looking frantically for more. I read your article and agree with you ...
- 150hp lathe
- This is hysterical, I love the guy's commentary. The money quote: "You may not want your wife to be at home when you're doing this"
- Questions about my SawStop/Incra setup
- Eric writes
"I am looking at picking up exactly what you have, the incra and a sawstop. Do you have a benchdog router top on it? Did everything ...
- Best month ever
- April was our first full month back under our old TheWoodNerd.com domain and we posted some crazy-good numbers. Well over 8,000 visitors, a full 20% ...
- A Tale of Two Domains
- OK, some more results from swapping the domain name back to thewoodnerd.com. In the first half of March, we averaged only 89 visitors per day. ...
Hock O-1 Blades and Chipbreakers
A great improvement over the stock parts
Dollar Shave Club
These blades are f***ing terrible!
Milwaukee Diamond Sawzall Blade
World's worst blade?
Torin Vehicle Lift Manual
Seriously, is this the best you can do?
Northern Tools ¾HP 8" Bench Grinder
Is this some kind of joke?
Tips & Tricks
Update on the removal of the Triton router "safety" cover
After two years, a problem surfaced ...
36mm › 27mm adapter for Festool hoses
The adapter Festool just doesn't make
An easy way to set your jointer fence to square
A welding tool comes to the rescue
An easy way to cut really large wires
Not a wire cutter, but it works like a charm
Use a tap & die set as thread cleaners
An inexpensive set can be a life-saver
A noble idea has apparently morphed into something that's at best untrustworthy, at worst an extortion racket
Helical vs blades
Can you actually save money by spending money, all while getting a better tool?
Change from 120 to 240?
Is there really any benefit? For the most part, the answer is no.
Shop-built Y fitting
Nobody sells these, so I made my own.
Killer shop vacuums
How can a $150 vacuum have a 6.5 horsepower motor?